Who controls personal information collected by Carlsbad Country Day School?
Carlsbad Country Day School LLC (through its related affiliates) is the data controller for the information collected about you. Our offices are located at 5150 Hemingway Drive, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA.
Why does Carlsbad Country Day School collect personal information?
We limit the collection of information to what is necessary to provide you with high quality services, to support your specific needs and requests, and to meet our business needs in connection with the services. Below we have highlighted the reasons for the collection of your personal information:
- To respond adequately to your requests for services or information;
- To provide services to individuals, families and employers that includes child care and other dependent care, education (general, higher and accredited education), wellbeing, work/life, and consulting;
- To provide a safe, healthy, and successful environment for those to whom we provide services;
- To provide resource material/information regarding our services and areas of interest to our customers, such as parenting, child care, adult care, education, wellbeing, and work/life balance, among other things;
- To aid in the administration of our services to our customers;
- To administer first aid, emergency and other medical care, when necessary;
- To comply with laws, and government regulations/standards;
- To support our business purposes and functions related to the services, such as education, training, curriculum, communication, administration, and record-keeping;
- To provide utilization reports and other information to employers offering our services to its workforce;
- To facilitate and process payments for the services;
- To fulfil tax, reporting, and other financial requirements and obligations;
- To administer employee payroll, benefits, tax/regulatory compliance and other record keeping and administration requirements; and
- To consider applications for employment and accredited education.
How do you consent to Carlsbad Country Day School' use of your personal information?
What personally identifiable information does Carlsbad Country Day School collect?
The type of business relationship you have with Carlsbad Country Day School will determine the specific information we will need to collect from you.
- Information necessary to perform the service that you provide voluntarily when registering (whether by telephone, online or in person) or during the course of services. Depending on the type of service engaged, the information requested may include your personalized registration user name and password; payment and contact details; a dependent's name, date of birth, gender, allergies, food restrictions, special needs, health information, and emergency contact details for doctors and alternative carers; or school transcripts, applications, registration and enrollment information.
- Utilization information, such as dates of service, type of service, user of service and reasons for service.
- Records created during the course of providing service to you or your dependents such as caretaker notes on the activities, behaviors, illnesses, medication, food, etc.; photographs; and other documentation records.
If you are prospective customer, we will collect:
Contact information that you provide voluntarily when requesting publications or other information via telephone, online or in person. Contact information may include your name, telephone/fax number, and email/mailing address.
If you are an employee, apprentice/student or applicant, we will collect:
Typical information that you provide voluntarily via telephone, online or in person including your name, mailing/email addresses, telephone/fax number, employment history with job descriptions, education, references, affiliations and other relevant information for payroll, benefits and administration.
Where does Carlsbad Country Day School store personally identifiable information?
- Electronic Information: The electronic personal information we collect will be stored and processed on electronic information systems in the United States. As a result, United States governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through applicable laws.
- Hardcopy Information: The hardcopy of personal information we collect will remain in the United States
Who does Carlsbad Country Day School share personally identifiable information with?
- For Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. If any Carlsbad Country Day School business unit is sold or substantially all of Carlsbad Country Day School is acquired, personal information relevant to the operation sold could be transferred as part of the transaction.
How can individuals access or update their personally identifiable information?
Carlsbad Country Day School is committed to collecting personal information that is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use. If you would like to access or update your personal information, or obtain copies of the information, the following steps can be taken by you:
For informal requests:
- If you have established an online user account with Carlsbad Country Day School, Carlsbad Country Day School may require you to make your request in writing to verify your identity.
- If you receive services from us, Carlsbad Country Day School may require you to make your request in writing to verify your identity.
- Alternatively, you may contact us as provided below.
Mail: Attn - Melissa Reed-Cavaluzzi, 5150 Hemingway Drive, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA.
How does Carlsbad Country Day School protect your personal information?
Carlsbad Country Day School utilizes appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of the personal information we collect in both physical and electronic format. We provide information security awareness training to our staff and conduct periodic quality assurance audits. However, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. As a result, Carlsbad Country Day School cannot guarantee the security and privacy of the information you provide to us.
In addition, you play a valuable part in protecting the security of your information. Your password to access your registration information should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently. After you have finished using our site, you should log out and exit your browser to prevent unauthorized users from returning to your online Carlsbad Country Day School account. If you believe that someone has improperly used or provided information about you that you did not authorize, please contact us immediately in one of ways provided below.
What are the terms for you to use Carlsbad Country Day School websites?
- Passive Information Collection: As you navigate through a website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses: This site uses Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the site.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. The bullets and chart below explains further the cookies we use and why.
- "Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your Web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on websites and to collect aggregate statistical information. This site uses session cookies.
- "Persistent" cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., passwords), helping to determine what areas of the Web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Web site based on your preferences. This site uses persistent cookies.
- "Internet tags" (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. This site uses Internet tags. Tags have been placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. These tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. We do not collect or seek personally identifiable information through these tags.
- "Navigational data" ("log files," "server logs," and "clickstream" data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors. This site uses navigational data.